Breaking News

Friday, March 11, 2016

When it rains, it pours

When It Rains, It Pours: 

When something good or bad occurs, it usually occurs more than once and often within a short  period of time.


Are you on your quarter life crisis phase? I remember that I was having mine a few years back and it was a never heard-of thing. In fact, a friend just chalked it up to my PMS-ing. I felt quite misunderstood then but quarter life crisis IS REAL. I think that this moment in our lives stemmed from peer pressure, social media and the feeling of inadequacy in the midst of the environment which constantly remind us that we are far better than what we think we are. 


I am now 29 years old and I've been given a middle management position before reaching my 30s. Though I am 100% confident and competent job-wise, I can't say the same with the direction of my life and if you are like me, I want to assure you that IT'S OKAY. 


We are not supposed to figure out what our life would be 5,10 or 15 years from now because life will always be a continuous pursuit of what you like, what you want to do and what makes you happy. Death is a conclusion of what you have discovered about yourself and no one wants to live a life constantly finding out what's NOT for you.


OVERRATED right? 
IT IS.


But are you actually applying that in real life? Because the debate of chasing your happiness vs. being financially stable is always present. 
Do they even have to be against each other? Or am I being too idealistic?


In the end, it's a matter of perspective. You can either wake up on a Monday being grumpy that you have an 8-5PM obligation to fulfill or wake up feeling grateful that you heard your alarm right, you are awake, and you have a life which you can either make or break. Others are not as lucky.


In my previous blog posts, I've mentioned about the erratic weather conditions here in my island, I've also talked about having to don an appropriate office attire and this set is one of those I bought at ukay-ukay that only cost me Php20/each
I KNOW RIGHT?!


 I can name a few who always say that I don't dress according to my age (act is for another lengthy blogpost) I am not quite sure if that's a compliment or a dose of charity but really, how does one dress according to age? Perhaps it's one of those questions that I have to crowdsource for an answer. In an attempt to uhm, fit in to prevent the ire of the superiors concerned (also not to jinx my used-to be pending promotion), I decided to dress safely..and by safely I mean not showing my arms and skirt not two inches above the knees safely. 

Cotton Long sleeves: Brandless;Thrifted| Barathea A-Line skirt: Brandless;Thrifted|Brown Flats: Upper East Side-Payless

No comments:

Post a Comment