Breaking News

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Friends with Benefit


Friends with Benefits
Typically two good friends who have casual sex without a monogomous relationship or any kind of commitment

Three years ago my eyebrows were fine the way it was without me doing something about it. I've always rationalized on the "why fix what's not broken" phase. Call it bragging but I USED to have one of those eyebrows that doesn't need maintenance since it's thick and no hair strays out of place.


During our Annual Christmas Party last 2014, I decided to have someone do my make-up. 'Course it's natural to have an interest on make-ups cause I'm a woman by genetic makeup (aha) but I only have the essentials. I didn't know what that person was doing on my face back then but after cleaning my face did I only realize that half of my eyebrows were shaved off. just. like. that. In a span of a few hours, My eyebrows went from "on fleek" to "on flee" I clearly remembered looking at my shaved eyebrows on the mirror on a rainy 
weekend and I was very much depressed that B bought me a dog.

A few weeks after I asked him for a set of make-up brush and the rest, as much as I'd like to say, "history", but the more appropriate term would be "is a continuous work in progress" 


Though it's been two years, I've only taken an interest to salvaging my eyebrows this year. I was busy hoarding lipsticks, perfecting my contouring and strobing skills and stalking YouTube MUArtists specializing on mono-lid eyes that I took for granted the fact that eyebrows are really a face changer. 


To say that I got an exclusive invite from Benefit Cosmetics PH Digital Darling is a blessing in disguise is an understatement. I am currently using an eyebrow pencil and I can't seem to pull off the ombre look on the sides of my eyebrows. 


Benefit Cosmetcs has opened their first store in our pretty island last August 13 at SM Seaside. Women don't live in caves anymore and we all know that this famous SF-based beuaty brand is known for it's laugh-out-loud wit, creative packaging and instant beauty solutions. You CAN go inside the store, let the in-house benebabes do their magic on you and come out looking 2k% better. Drop by for brow shaping, tinting, waxing and more, they are all nice, fun, quirky and bubbly. 


Benefit Cosmetics is such a refreshing concept because we always associate make-up and the like with the word sophistication, elegance and maturity. "Makeup doesn't have to be serious to look good" is actually Jean and Jane Ford's motto. Their unique approach to beauty is always an instant hit and helped make Benefit one of the world's most beloved makeup brands. 


I took a million photos of the store mainly for the following reasons:

1. So that you already know what to buy ahead when you get there
2. So that Bryan will already know what to get for me when I'm being melodramatic
3. My guy friends who are readers of my blog will know what to get for their women.




I've also met male friends who went there without their wives with the intention of surprising them. Fret not for Benebabes at the store will hold no judgment. 



   

Benefit Cosmetics PH National Brow artist demonstrating how to "map out" the perfect eyebrows on Fashion Blogger Kryz Uy.





 I noticed this huge Benetint on their ceiling and I can't help but put my Benetint too




 


my favorite caption <3

3 comments:

  1. Love this write up! We all have our makeup history to tell. The ending never seems to end. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this write up! We all have our makeup history to tell. The ending never seems to end. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i tried their porefessional and i love how my skin feels after baya! what's your story ui write about it. hehe

      Delete