Breaking News

Friday, November 20, 2015

You Can't Take it With You

You Can't Take it With You

--Enjoy what you have and not what you don't have, since when you die you cannot take things (such as money) with you.


I wore this outfit exactly a week ago and it was unfortunately appropriate that it was exactly the same day that I knew that my sick grandfather has died. The only thing I have ever thought of the past few days prior to this was how difficult to be of age when your grandparents are starting to die on you. I was actually regressing then.





Last year, Gramp's health started to deteriorate and we attributed it to his old age. We found out later that he had cancer as a by-effect of his continuous smoking through the years. I have friends who smoke and I might have tried a stick or two but if you can quit NOW, then try your best to do so. The path spiraling downwards death by too much smoking is painful, not easy and very uncomfortable


My grandfather's life revolved around building houses for his family and relatives. He loved animals and we never saw him without one. Looking back, I also realized that each of our household has pets of different kind. I'm very sure we got it from our Lolo. He's already reunited with Lola and that gives us much comfort. He might not be able to take all his pets in heaven as I'm sure he prefers but he left a legacy that all of us will never forget


On to a lighter topic, fashion blogging can be very narcissistic but I can't really talk about myself all the time since majority of what happens to me every day is work and quality time with the husband; the latter is something too personal to discuss. 


Around 90% of my clothes are bought at ukay-ukay. I get a kick out of people complimenting my almost reckless abandon for office dressing and me telling them that I bought this for less than Php100 only.


I love the ribbon details at the front of this top. I bought this one for Php7.00 only. Yep, seven pesos only at the Talisay ukay-ukay under the Tabunok bridge. The skirt I bought for Php100. It's a stretchable bandage skirt which, honestly, would've been preferable NOT to be paired with the top I wore. 


Black Top: Amy|Bandage Skirt: Cotton On|Flats: Cotton On|Watch: Esprit

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to do ukay shopping with you! Hahaha please plan on the date this December! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will! haha! WE are so busy lately!!!

      Delete