Breaking News

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Without a doubt

Without A Doubt: 
For certain.


Our HR has e-mailed a company policy roll-out discussion a few weeks ago. It basically means that we are going to be oriented with the company policies and guidelines and this is actually the first time that I've heard of such. Us from sales take pride in being creative, outspoken and lively so we were a bit wary with the changes that this forum might impose. 


Generally speaking, we were all in agreement with what most of our policies have mandated; I am in total agreement that no sexual advances should be made unless with consent but what makes me disappointed were the dress code rules. I know that I've been secretly violating what's office appropriate but I wish that office fashion enthusiasts (like me) can be tolerated and if worse, be treated with mirth. 


I was anticipating the worst so before the company policy, I was already shopping for corporate attires at ukay-ukay. I will be posting my corporate ukay-ukay finds in a few but I also can't say no to buying my constant favorite which are cotton dresses with embroideries. Thirty percent of my blog entries are of me wearing something with embroidery; there's something about stitches, intricate patterns and the like that makes me feel okay with wearing it without having to accessorize.


Since my clothes are very affordable, take for instance, this gray top (I bought this for Php30 only), I tend to buy a lot..and by a lot I really mean a lot. My clothes hoarding is starting to become a small problem at home since I usually buy by half a sack quantity and the husband is the one in-charge to iron them all (I'm addicted to doing the laundry so it poses no problem for me). I feel guilty every after purchase so I compensate by buying clothes for the husband too. 


And again, with the quantity of what I bought, I don't really have the time to fit each one so I just estimate the sizes and wish myself luck that it will fit me. I fit em all after I wash them. 


..and because of this, the what I-thought-was-a-suitable-length-for-a-dress-turns-out-to- be-omg-it's-too-short-to-be-considered-as-a-dress-but-I-wanna-wear-it-in-the-office -dress..and this has happened to me countless times already..So much so that I've decided to buy a quality pair of stockings and pair it with my mini-dresses/long top. 


This combination is always my go-to every time I get victimized by my own purchases. It always makes me look like a character from the Gossip Girl series ..which is a crying shame since I've only watched 10 episodes. Anyway, if you tend to not fit what you bought because of reasons other than mine, it's encouraged that you have to have a presentable-looking pair of leggings, stockings, boy-cut underwear or the likes to prevent wardrobe malfunction 


Mini Dress: No Brand| Stockings: Topshop| Flats: Yosi Samra| Eye Glasses: Ray Ban

No comments:

Post a Comment