Breaking News

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Wild and Woolly

Wild and Woolly: 
Uncultured and without laws.


So much for the best-laid plans. I had my stay at home Holy Week itinerary laid out-which includes 40% household chores, and 60% spending personal time relaxing and updating this blog and our other blog. However, fate has other things in store for me. My husband had a viral infection which made him grumpy, irritable and a picky eater. I have to admit, the whole week was a test of my patience which made me realize that I actually had one and it's stretchable.


One thing I've learned from that experience was that as much as you want to take control of your life and think of every little thing, sometimes it helps if you don't go psycho anal on every aspect of your life and just CHILL. 


If you are my friend on Facebook, I posted this status yesterday:


I came across a post of someone on my Facebook feed about a certain someone who posts too much about every little thing that happens with her life and of course, it struck a nerve. Rather than confronting her about it, I did that status test. Turns out, she just confirmed that she posted about me by commenting on her own post about this status. If what I said was confusing, feel free to send me a private message on Facebook so that I can explain it to you.


Point of the matter is, I don't see anything wrong when you let your friends know that you love yourself without lording it over them. In an environment that makes money out of your self-doubt and insecurities, loving yourself is now considered an act of bravery, courage and rebellion when it should have been something as innate as breathing. We share posts about loving someone and the likes but we seem to be mum about loving ourselves. 


..and in loving yourself, it's your given right to cut ties with toxic people in your life for the simple reason that they make everything right feel forbidden. Never allow them to make you feel bad just because you find joy in sharing a part of yourself to others. 


Never worry about not having a core group who will understand and accept you for who you are because there will be and these are the genuine people that you will hold on to and keep. In knowing that there is nothing wrong with loving yourself in the right time, you will also transcend this kind of love towards others and at the end of the day, what matters is that you know that you have a good soul.
  

On to lighter things, I wore this one on a weekend wherein I had multiple errands. I think I just paraphrased that sentence from my other blog posts. Weekends are all about multiple errands to me so I want to be comfortable yet fashionable at the same time. 


During a bonding time with a good friend, she commented that the 90s fashion are back and I didn't exactly agree with her but as I was making this entry, I just realized that what she said was true. What I'm wearing here even has the 90s feel to it because I mixed my Tatum heels. Here are some of the pegs:

Photo grabbed from Chictopia

Photo grabbed from Pinterest



Stripe Shirt: Brandless; Thrifted| Denim Shorts: Brandless| Black Heels: Flattery by CLN| Shoulder Bag: Coach Leatherware|Watch: Esprit


No comments:

Post a Comment