Breaking News

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Zero in on something





Zero in on something:
Focus all your attention on that particular thing.




I have to admit, posting photos of myself before I got pregnant boosts my confidence level. Being a full-time mother, my usual get-up consists of clothes that have seen better days, my son's sweat, saliva and other dirt that I dare not mention so if you are my friend on Facebook, you'd notice that I post pictures of me looking way different than what I've described. 

Case in point: Exhibit A

These sets of photos were taken last year (and it's almost the end of this year, hello) when I didn't know I was 4 weeks pregnant. Inside that bag is my every day gym attire and since I've grown quite accustomed to not really following office appropriate attire protocols, people just let me be. I'm currently zeroed in on my everything about my son. I have no helper or no assistant and shit, it is indeed the hardest job in the world.. so yes, please be forgiving when I posts pictures like these because I have to at least remember that this was during my most fit/prime days. 


As I am typing this, my son-who just woke up is looking at me, miraculously lying down still and unsure what to do. It is very overwhelming at times to be responsible for someone else's life other than my own and there are countless situations wherein I can't simply put everything together. I make it sound so bleak and many many times, it is. It's a kaleidoscope of emotions and it's therapeutic when you have someone who accepts that you are still adapting and will still accept you for the tomorrows to come.


I am also grateful for friends who are always a message away whenever I get worried about the most mundane of things. Before Nate I always thought I know what I need to know about life and right now it feels like I, too have been re-born. I didn't know I have this much patience, strength and capacity to love someone, I thought it stopped when I met Bryan. 

Back to the story of what I wore, climate change is real! I wore a knitted top with a leather skirt to keep me from being cold because even then, Cebu's weather has been acting up and bringing out the best-or the worst in every fashionista.

(squats every day)

Top: Thrifted|Skirt: brandless|Bag: Marithe+Francois Girbaud|Flats: Yosi Samra




No comments:

Post a Comment