Breaking News

Monday, January 18, 2016

X marks the spot

X marks the spot: 

A phrase that is said when someone finds something he/she has been looking for.



Primary Homes Inc. holds a major event every last Friday of November when we are all encouraged to dress to the nines. Last year's theme was Star Magic Ball and for a change I opted for the androgynous look since I am not the one that you can actually categorize in a specific box.. 


That, and I actually followed (more or less) what my girlcrush Ellen Adarna wore last September during the ABS-CBN Star Magic Ball


This year's recognition night has been my 5th and this is the first time that I can confidently say that what I wore was spot-on

I felt comfortable, I felt sexy though I didn't show much skin and not to brag, but I received a lot of compliments because I literally stood out among the rest


.. all credits to the 5-inch heels I wore that night. I was actually working since I was one of the staff but I felt comfortable

So how does one actually sport an Androgynous Look?

1. Stop worrying too much if it makes you look masculine. The trick is to look edgy.

2. The cut of the cloth MATTERS. Masculine cuts tend to be a bit bulky, if you can afford it, have your coat/blazer customized. The outline should at least have a hint of curves most especially on the waist and hip part.

3. If you still feel a bit awkward (this will take getting used to), wear a long tie.

4. You need to understand that this fashion does not have to define your sexuality.

5. Ellen Adarna had her hair curled and tied when she wore her flattering blazers and slacks, try doing it too. I only comb my hair once a week on a normal basis and I was planning to just look that way. The only not so subtle mistake I made here was that I had my hair braided tight. I was actually planning to untie it but I remembered that my hairdresser put a lot of toxic spray to hold it together so I just let it be. 


Blazer, Slacks and tie: Kolossas Botique| Black Bandage Top: Bench|Heels: Chinese Laundry|Pearl Earrings: I got it from my Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment